TAHOE STEAM n’ CLEAN
Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Services in South Lake Tahoe, CA
Understanding the Process of Water Damaged Carpet Restoration in South Lake Tahoe, CA
Water damage can happen to carpets that have been caught up in flooding or leaks. Just because a carpet has experienced water damage, however, does not mean it is a total loss.
Here are a few tips to help you with water damaged carpet restoration in South Lake Tahoe, CA:
- First, assess the damage that has been done to the carpet. If it was clean water that set into the carpet, it could still be salvageable. However, any carpet damaged by groundwater or sewage must be thrown out immediately.
- Create a cleaning solution, mixing a gallon of clean water with two tablespoons of a liquid bleach detergent. Remove furniture from the carpet so you have an open area to work with, and then scrub the solution into the contaminated area.
- Dry out the carpet with large fans blowing directly on the area for at least 36 hours, or until the carpet is fully dry. It is also a good idea to run a dehumidifier in the area as well, and to keep foot traffic away from the affected area. If you do not notice a difference in the condition after drying, then you should seriously consider pulling the carpet up and replacing it.
Tahoe Steam n’ Clean can help you determine whether restoring or replacing your water damaged carpet is in your best interest. Contact us today for more information and we will happily answer your questions about water damaged carpet restoration in South Lake Tahoe, CA.
Tips for Sofa, Recliner and Upholstery Cleaning in South Lake Tahoe, CA
Accidents happen, and occasionally we spill on our couches, chairs and other upholstered furniture. When these accidents happen, it’s important to clean them correctly so you actually are able to remove the blight from your upholstery.
Here are a few tips for sofa, recliner and upholstery cleaning in South Lake Tahoe, CA:
- Vacuum all upholstery frequently to keep it in good shape and to prevent dust from setting in. Vacuuming can even help to fade away older stains.
- Some stains can be cleaned through simple steaming processes. You can, for example, grab your iron and use the steam function.
- Some furniture can be cleaned with water, while other pieces cannot. Know exactly what type of material you are working with so you know the type of cleaning supplies you will need to get the job done. This is also true for cleaning tactics—in some cases, blotting is the best bet, while rubbing might be best in other cases.
Some stains and spills are more difficult to remove than others, but ultimately they all are capable of being removed with the right tactics and tools. For more information about sofa, recliner and upholstery cleaning in South Lake Tahoe, CA, contact us today at Tahoe Steam n’ Clean.
Tips for Carpet Cleaning in South Lake Tahoe, CA
If you have carpet in your house, it’s a given that there’s eventually going to be a spill. When this finally happens, you need to be prepared for the cleanup.
Here are a few tips for carpet cleaning in South Lake Tahoe, CA that come directly from professional carpet cleaners:
- Never rub the stains! This only causes them to get deeper into the fibers of the carpet. Instead, blot them lightly with paper towels, sponges or cloths.
- Certain common household items can indeed be used as cleaners if done properly. For example, club soda or vinegar can be used on certain types of stains. Vinegar should be mixed equally with water and then sprayed on to the carpet before being dabbed.
- Grease is best cleaned with a couple drops of dishwasher detergents. It easily goes through the grease in carpets just as it does on the dishes in your sink.
- Pet accidents can be a little more difficult to clean up. You can purchase pet-specific carpet cleaners, which come with their own instructions. In these cases, it might be necessary to scrub the carpet.
For more tips about carpet cleaning in South Lake Tahoe, CA, contact our team at Tahoe Steam ‘n Clean. We have years of experience in cleaning residential carpets and are happy to assist in any way we can.
Call Us Today
Call TAHOE STEAM n’ CLEAN today for all of your carpet and upholstery cleaning needs.
(530) 577-1668 Call today!
TAHOE STEAM n' CLEAN
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150